[AG-TECH] AGSchedule Support

John I. Quebedeaux, Jr johnq at lsu.edu
Thu Sep 20 13:00:23 CDT 2007

Michael,

The "Louisiana Access Grid Network" utilizes the AGScheduler exclusively for
keeping track of all the Access Grid events it hosts - while utilizing our
own Louisiana Venue Server to run the meetings. As you know, we have our
venue server listed on the site for registration purposes with 6 venues.
They've been successful and the booking capability in the AGScheduler makes
it possible to easily book and maintain these reservations and sessions.
We're currently (but not all registered, some are multiple nodes per site)
up to ~18 Access Grid nodes within our state that are operational with some
more coming on line in the near future that makes use of this. When we
conduct meetings with external sites, we sometimes utilize the NCSA Venue
Server and bridge as needed, particularly since it's so well known in the
global community and for some sites the firewall security restrictions make
it such they've chosen the NCSA venue addresses as those they'll accept.
Even VRVS.ORG, etc. is setup with NCSA venues. What I'm trying to say is
currently, the AGScheduler (and the venue server) is providing a vital
service to the "Access Grid" community here in my state as well as
worldwide.

Currently, I require new Louisiana Access Grid nodes to register to the
AGScheduler so that we maintain consistency for reservations and track our
usage with the statistics the scheduler provides.

So, the resource is invaluable at the moment and would be sorely missed for
the ability to point everyone joining a meeting to it for reference for when
and where the meeting is to be held for the lack of any other central
calendar facility (at least on this side of the pond). Frankly, I'm not sure
what we would do if we lost it in the near term - it seems to be a central
resource for the Access Grid community as a whole.

Regards,

John Q.
--
John I. Quebedeaux, Jr.; Louisiana State University
Computer Manager LBRN; 131 Life Sciences Bldg.