[AG-TECH] encrypted RAT session crashes

Christoph Willing willing at vislab.uq.edu.au
Wed Oct 3 17:43:13 CDT 2007

On 04/10/2007, at 5:06 AM, Kaizaad Bilimorya wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Sep 2007, Kaizaad Bilimorya wrote:
>> AccessGrid Version: 3.0.2. (build 1)
>> MS Windows XP Professional Version 2002 SP 2
>>
>> When connecting to our lobby this user's AccessGrid session works
>> fine. When entering any encrypted rooms RAT crashes (video works)
>> and windows gives the standard "report problem to Microsoft..."
>>
>> Attached are the logs. The room is called "SiteLeaders". I have
>> searched the mailing lists and can not find any references to this
>> type of error. The user did install "Access Grid 3.1 beta1" before
>> uninstalling and dropping back to the current 3.0.2 version.
>
> Seems that the uninstall of the beta did not remove the file:
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\Windows_Login\Application Data\AccessGrid3
> \local_services\AudioService\rat.exe

This file will not be removed/replaced unless an AudioService with a
larger service version number is found. Reverting to 302 would have
installed an AudioService with a lower version number. Totally
removing that AudioService directory in local_services will ensure
that the older (but more newly installed) AudioService is used and a
new AudioService directory (with older rat.exe) will be generated in
local_services.

chris

Christoph Willing                       +61 7 3365 8350
QCIF Access Grid Manager
University of Queensland