[AG-TECH] Errors when upgrading AG3 server

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Fri Nov 9 16:17:45 CST 2007

Hi Ben,

> I've just attempted to upgrade another VenueServer (running on another machine) from v3.01 to the latest Beta version, and receive the following errors:
>
> Error: Missing Dependency: python(abi) = 2.5 is needed by package AccessGrid
> Error: Missing Dependency: VPCScreen is needed by package AccessGrid
>
> Why are these not called up from the repository and installed?

They are neither dependencies nor exist in the the Fedora Core 6 and
earlier repositories.

> The other problem I encountered during this installation was that the '--nogpgcheck' option was not understood during yum localinstall:
>
> Command line error: no such option: --nogpgcheck
>
> So I had to run the yum installation without with option.

You shouldn't be trying to install the Fedora 7 (python 2.5 based)
AccessGrid-3.1-0.3.beta2.fc7.noarch.rpm, but
AccessGrid-3.1-0.3.beta2.py24.noarch.rpm intended for the Python 2.4
based Fedora Core 4, 5 or 6. See:

http://www.vislab.uq.edu.au/research/accessgrid/software/fedora/AG31_Beta.html

Those "Fedora Core 4, 5 & 6" instructions don't mention using --nogpgcheck.

Doug