FW: [AG-TECH] Errors when upgrading AG3 server

Ben Green Ben.Green at manchester.ac.uk
Fri Nov 9 12:24:59 CST 2007

Just an update on this, installing VPCScreen was easy, but python itself requires dependencies, which themselves require dependencies (sounds familiar?!)...

I'll hopefully be OK if I just get python installed - but what's wrong with my current version:

[root at kuipers ag]# rpm -q python
python-2.4.4-1.fc6

Why can I not just use this.

Looking at a package distributor:

http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/3/srodzaj/1/search/python(abi)

It seems that python 2.5 is only available for FC7 onwards. We are running FC5 and FC6 here.

Surely FC7/8 isn't a requirement of AG3.1 ?

Please help!

Regards, Ben.

|=============================|
| Ben Green                   |