[AG-TECH] USB microphones not working in Linux

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Tue May 29 23:40:25 CDT 2007

Hi Anton,

> I'm using a ClearOne 50 USB microphone/speaker under Linux.
>
> RAT can detect it, but it dosn't interface properly, so it won't work.
> Under Windows the same microphones work fine.

In RAT, try switching from ALSA to OSS to see if that helps.

> Other microphones (3.5mm jack-based) work fine with our Linux AG machines.
> I've tried this on different Linux flavours (FC6 and Kubuntu E&F) with KDE
> and Gnome (ALSA and ARTS) and they all have the same problem. I've tried
> other USB microphones (logitech camera mic) and they don't work either.
>
> Would it be helpful if I supplied a log or debug message output? (if so
> which one?).
>
> Any information appreciated,

With the Fedora 7 AGTk RPMs, I'm now providing a SVN snapshot of UCL RAT
from the SUMOVER project SVN repository (instead of AG rat). You could try
installing rat-4.4.00-0.1.20070524svn.fc7.i386.rpm on FC6, the RPM can be
obtained from:
   http://www.vislab.uq.edu.au/accessgrid3/fedora/7/i386/
Alternatively build the Sumover RAT from SVN using these instructions:
   http://mediatools.cs.ucl.ac.uk/nets/mmedia/wiki/SvnDev

The new UCL rat might fix your issues.

Cheers,
Doug