[AG-TECH] USB microphones not working in Linux

Anton Gerdelan A.Gerdelan at massey.ac.nz
Tue May 29 22:03:03 CDT 2007

Hi,

I'm using a ClearOne 50 USB microphone/speaker under Linux.

RAT can detect it, but it dosn't interface properly, so it won't work.
Under Windows the same microphones work fine.

Other microphones (3.5mm jack-based) work fine with our Linux AG machines.
I've tried this on different Linux flavours (FC6 and Kubuntu E&F) with KDE and
Gnome (ALSA and ARTS) and they all have the same problem.
I've tried other USB microphones (logitech camera mic) and they don't work
either.

Would it be helpful if I supplied a log or debug message output? (if so which
one?).

Any information appreciated,

Anton Gerdelan,
Massey University,