[AG-TECH] Not finding Firewire DV on UQ advanced vic

Andrew Ford acf0659 at rit.edu
Thu May 24 17:03:12 CDT 2007

HI,

I've been testing out the UQ vic with DV, but it can't seem to find my
camera. It can be seen by my machine (at /dev/dv1394/0), and it works (i can
cat the stream to a file and play it with mplayer), but it is absent from
the vic devices list and doing -D /dev/dv1394/0 doesn't seem to do anything
(I assume this was what was meant by 'manually specifying the camera' in the
documentation). I have libiec61883-dev and as far as I know I compiled vic
with that support. I'm running Ubuntu Linux 6.10 (side note - I get a 404
for
http://www.vislab.uq.edu.au/research/accessgrid/software/advideo/ubuntu.html)
with the 2.6.17 kernel. Anyone have any ideas?

--Andrew