[AG-TECH] Tabletop-Room mic with integrated echo canceling

Enrique Terrazas Enrique.Terrazas at ucsf.edu
Thu May 24 10:08:51 CDT 2007

Fred,

We ran into this same when we first started using the ClearOne
AccumicPC with a Dell XPS at UCSF.  We noticed that the sound level
according to RAT was very low.  There is an advanced sound setting
where there is a check box for a "20dB boost" for the mic input (I
don't remember the exact number for the boost as it's from memory).
Clicking on this check box increased the sensitivity of the ClearOne
tremendously, and now they would great for us.

Enrique

On May 24, 2007, at 7:23 AM, Fred Dech wrote:

> This discussion of the ClearOne AccumicPC  is really interesting to
> me,
> because I've been very unhappy with the performance I've gotten
> from them so
> far.  We have a couple attached to a fairly new Dell and they don't
> pick up
> well at all.  You pretty much need to have the saucer right down in
> front of
> you and speak loud toward it in order for other sites to understand
> you.
> Since quite a few of you like the AccumicPC and I've not really had
> a chance
> to test these on another PC or Mac, I suspect that my Dell's
> Sigmatel HD Audio
> interface could very well be the problem (and there's other
> problems associated
> with HD and rat)... not the Clearones.
>
> --fred
>
> On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 09:09PM, Mike.W.Daley at cs.cardiff.ac.uk said:
>> Hi Michael
>> We use Clearone Accumic in one of our nodes. It works well and plugs
>> straight into a 3.5mm PC-audio-in.
>> Mike
>>
>> Quoting Michael Braitmaier <braitmaier at hlrs.de>:
>>
>>> Hello everyone!
>>>
>>> I am a bit in trouble as I need to order a tabletop mic with
>>> integrated
>>> echo cancelation quite fast, however don't have experience with
>>> them.
>>> So I would like to rely on your experiences.
>>> So can anyone recommend one or two of such mics, which work fine and
>>> produce good results, for direct connection into a 3.5mm PC-Audio-
>>> in?
>>> I have just had a look at the follwoing Clearone Mic (
>>> http://www.clearone.com/products/product.php?cat=4&prod=17 ),
>>> which seems to be able to work on PCs directly. Does anyone of you
>>> already have experience with this one?
>>>

>>> Thanks in advance
>>> Michael
>>>
>>> --
>>> ------------------
>>> Dipl.-Inf. Michael Braitmaier
>>> HLRS - Visualization / Video Conferencing
>>> University of Stuttgart
>>> Germany
>>> Website: http://www.hlrs.de/people/braitmaier/

Enrique Terrazas, MD, MS
Director, Laboratory Medicine Residency Program
Chief, Laboratory Information Systems
HS Associate Clinical Professor
University of California, San Francisco
Clinical Laboratories, Box 0100
415.353.1375(UCSF/China Basin phone)
415.353.1620(UCSF/Parnassus phone)
415.353.4826(fax)
415.443.0913(pager)
Enrique.Terrazas at ucsf.edu

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this
transmission, including any enclosed files, is confidential and
intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any distribution, copying,
disclosure and use of, the contents of this transmission is strictly
notify the sender immediately by reply email and permanently delete
this message, enclosures and all copies.