[AG-TECH] Tabletop-Room mic with integrated echo canceling

Fred Dech fdech at uchicago.edu
Thu May 24 09:23:26 CDT 2007

This discussion of the ClearOne AccumicPC  is really interesting to me,
because I've been very unhappy with the performance I've gotten from them so
far.  We have a couple attached to a fairly new Dell and they don't pick up
well at all.  You pretty much need to have the saucer right down in front of
you and speak loud toward it in order for other sites to understand you.
Since quite a few of you like the AccumicPC and I've not really had a chance
to test these on another PC or Mac, I suspect that my Dell's Sigmatel HD Audio
interface could very well be the problem (and there's other problems associated
with HD and rat)... not the Clearones.

--fred