[AG-TECH] MS LifeCam and AG

Michael Miller mimiller at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Thu May 17 09:56:43 CDT 2007

I had a little trouble getting my LifeCam to work with AG.  Each time
vic started it complained about a 640X480 res from the camera.  Even
setting the res in the LifeCam software didn't help.  But I noticed
that vic would transmit for a few seconds before crashing.  So I
restarted it and quickly went to the menu button and opened the vic
menu dialog.  Then released the camera.  This gave me a chance to
select the 'Configure on Transmit' option and make sure that the
Device was set to 'Microsoft Image Capture'.  Then when clicking
'transmit' again the camera driver dialogs come up letting you select
352X288 res and other settings.  I found if you set the Device to
'...LifeCam' the res settings don't stick and you have to run this
process over again.

So for my wishlist, can I add getting vic to handle bad res more
gracefully.  Vic should just stop transmitting and take you to the
menu dialog so you can set things properly.

hope this helps