[AG-TECH] Audio trouble at AG2.4

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Fri May 4 02:55:53 CDT 2007

Hi Lassi,

> Just to get this straight since I'm buying a new dual core board with
> integrated HD audio:
>
> So Soundmax/intel ichxx adxxxx codecs works with RAT, but Realtek HD
> ALC2xx/8xx is still a problem on any platform and nothing works right  now
> on Vista(not aproblem for me)

As far as plaforms are concerned, I think the Realtek HD is only a problem
on Windows. On Linux with AG 3.0.2 (and earlier) you need to select OSS
rather than ALSA in rat for it to work, but this won't be necessary with
AGTk 3.1.

Here are the details of the Dell Optiplex 745 onboard SoundMax HD audio that
I used:
  Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 02)
  Analog Devices AD1983

I was using the Dell SoundMax audio drivers, Analog Devices don't supply
SoundMax drivers on their website. I'm not sure if the SoundMax audio
drivers supplied by other vendors have issues.

Cheers,
Doug