[AG-TECH] Distant Education Funding Models

Jason Bell j.bell at cqu.edu.au
Wed May 2 23:05:36 CDT 2007

G'day John

We here at CQU participate in an ICEWaRM (http://www.icewarm.com.au/)
project where cross institutional teaching occurs across multiple
universities over the Access Grid (Over 1700 Kilometres or 1000 miles
apart).

Basically a Master program has been developed in the area of Water
Resource Management.  Admittedly, this project is just taking off, as
this term is the first term in which teaching has occurred, but next
Term we have 2 classes at 3 hours each session using our AG facilities.

I am not involved in to funding side of this project and I think it is
government funded some how.  I am generally more involved with the
booking of our Facility, recording sessions and the likes.

I would be more than happy to pass on some contacts to you if you
require additional information.

Cheers,

Jason.