[AG-TECH] 4 x S-video capture?

Almuth Barta almuth.barta at aei.mpg.de
Wed Mar 28 02:23:56 CDT 2007

Hi,

my vendor for the Osprey 440 card asked Viewcast for the s-Video pins
and got the information, that the documentation was written before the
design of the card was finished and finally, there are no pins for S-Video.
I use the composite Video signal of the camera and the BNC connectors of
the card.

Almuth

John I Quebedeaux Jr wrote:
> Derek,
>
> Well...hmm... the Osprey 440 has "pins" for SVideo (documented in
> the... documentation) on the card but i haven't seen a physical
> adaptor/ports to S-Video to that block of pins to the back of the card
> (and hadn't tried physically wiring to them myself). I use the BNC
> outputs on the card....
>
> -JQ
>
> --
>
> John I. Quebedeaux, Jr.; Louisiana State University
>
> Computer Manager LBRN; 131 Life Sciences Bldg.
>
> e-mail: johnq at lsu.edu <mailto:johnq at lsu.edu>; web: http://lbrn.lsu.edu
>
> phone: 225-578-0062 / fax: 225-578-2597
>

> On Mar 27, 2007, at 5:02 PM, Derek Piper wrote:
>

>> Exactly, I was wanting to find out if it's possible to have more than
>> just composite video to capture from.
>>
>> Derel
>>
>> Quoting Paul Bonnett <P.Bonnett at ukerna.ac.uk
>> <mailto:P.Bonnett at ukerna.ac.uk>>:
>>
>>> Jason & others,
>>>
>>> Beware of 'simple' adaptors, most don't carry both the lines across for
>>> true S-Video.
>>> However if you started off with a BNC output you only have a composite
>>> signal to start with, so it won't give you any improvement.
>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S-Video
>>>
>>> Paul B

Almuth Barta
Systemadministratorin
Max-Planck-Institut für Gravitationsphysik / Albert-Einstein-Institut
Post: 14424 Potsdam, Germany
Hausanschrift: Wissenschaftpark Golm, Mühlenberg 1, 14476 Golm
Tel.: +49 (0)331 567 7304   Fax:  +49 (0)331 567 7298
e-mail: almuth.barta at aei.mpg.de