[AG-TECH] Problesm with Matrox QID and Fedora Core 6

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Mon Mar 26 20:21:21 CDT 2007

Hi Dave and Rohit,

> We have a Matrox QID display adapter driving four screens
> and an on-board ATI adapter driving another thus giving us five screens.
> We have this working under XP o.k.

> Our immediate problem is that we can't get the matrox card to work.
> We load the drivers (which we just got from   http://tuxx-home.at/ )
> but when we then try to start x we just get black screens....
>
> Do any of you folks have the same hardware/Linux configuration
> as us and actually have it working?

I don't have the same hardware configuration, but have seen the problem
where X.org isn't able to initialise a PCI video card due to an issue with
the BIOS on some PCs. Try loading the X.org Int10 module (in your xorg.conf
file) which soft-boots the video card and bypasses the BIOS.

Also have a look at /var/log/Xorg.0.log, it may contain hints as to what is
going wrong, sometimes increasing the X.org verbosity also helps.

Doug