[AG-TECH] Sony EVI-HD1 camera

gurcharan khanna gskpop at cis.rit.edu
Sat Mar 10 00:01:56 CST 2007

Chris,

Another user-oriented issue is: if I have to choose among all possible
streams, how do I choose?
Before I run out of bandwidth, I normally choose based on content. Some
streams are redundant,
some are empty rooms, etc. In order to choose, I need to know/see what
it is I'm choosing. So,
ideally, I would be able to see thumbnails/low res versions of streams
so I could decide whether
or not I want to connect to them. I do this now with normal vic,
although all the bits from all the
streams are always hitting my network. With the limited bandwidth
demands of current vic streams
this is not a problem. But with HD streams, choosing only some streams
becomes more critical.

Thanks,

-gurcharan

--