[AG-TECH] [AG-Tech] Bridging AG 2.4/3.0..2

John I Quebedeaux Jr johnq at lsu.edu
Wed Mar 7 14:05:17 CST 2007

John,

On Mar 6, 2007, at 9:25 PM, john langkals wrote:

> Hello AG Tech,
>
> I have very basic question(s), in AG 3.0.2, there are a number of
> bridges available for use.  Why are there so many bridges offered?
Anyone can run a bridge.
> Is there any way to use any bridging resources or any command line
> tricks, to bridge/connect a AG 2.4 node and a AG 3.0.2 node
> together say in the NCSA Lobby?
Only if the multicast address/ports for audio and video and if
encryption is used the key are all the same (had to throw that in).
NCSA went ahead and setup for this so that 2.4 and 3.x could meet
together for now, i.e. they're running dual services.
> I would be just interested in only passing video and audio and no
> other AG tools.
As long as you book one of the venues in the NCSA venue server you
can do this. It's the Lobby you can't do that with, it's dynamic so
the AG2.x and AG3.x lobbies are effectively separate ones in that
regard.

-John Q.

p.s. what? everyone hasn't gone to 3.x yet?

--
John I. Quebedeaux, Jr.; Louisiana State University
Computer Manager LBRN; 131 Life Sciences Bldg.