[AG-TECH] Access Grid Installation Guide for Fedora 7

Jason Bell j.bell at cqu.edu.au
Wed Jun 6 03:21:18 CDT 2007

G'day all

I am pleased to announce that I have just released the "Access Grid
Installation Guide for Fedora 7" on accessgrid.org.  This document
can be found within the documentation section (Though it is currently
very hard to find and you need to do a search), or by visiting
http://www.accessgrid.org/node/773

The current list of sections for this document includes:

    * Introduction
    * Single and Multi-Node Access Grids Notes
    * Installation of Fedora 7
    * First time Login
    * Updating to latest Software and Patches
    * Before Installation Configuration
    * Installation of the Access Grid Software
    * Setup For Access Grid Toolkit 2.x
    * Setup For Access Grid Toolkit 3.x
    * Running AG2 and AG3 Service Managers Togethe (Multi-Node
Configuration Only)
    * Getting the Display to Work
    * Getting the Sound Working
    * Installing AGVCR
    * Configuring a Unicast Bridge
    * Scheduling useful tasks
    * Security
    * Configuring a 2.x Venue Server
    * Configuring a 3.x Venue Server
    * Conclusion

I would encourage you to contact me if you find any errors or would like
additional information to be created.

Please note that these guides (including FC6) are updated on a regular
basis and I would
recommend using the online version, rather than using an older print
version, as some of the information may become out of date.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Cheers,
Jason.

Jason Bell, B.I.T.
B. Info. Tech. (Honours) Student

Network Engineer
Information Technology Division
Central Queensland University

High Performance Computing Support Officer
Central Queensland University

E-mail : j.bell at cqu.edu.au
Phone : 07 4930 9229

Patience is a virtue.