[AG-TECH] VenueClient and vic weirdness

Andrew Rowley Andrew.Rowley at manchester.ac.uk
Tue Jun 5 09:43:48 CDT 2007

Hi,

Are you sure that the vic you are running is the same in both cases?  Once you have run vic on the command line, does it then work when you change venues in the client?

I think there was a change in later versions of vic that sent out packets when it started in order to open your firewall.  If you are running this later version from the command line, this could be opening your firewall and thus allowing the traffic in.  In this case, check your firewall is allowing incoming traffic on the appropriate ports and it should then work within AGTk without needing to run it on the command line first.

Andrew :)

Access Grid Support Centre,
RSS Group,
Manchester Computing,