[AG-TECH] 3.1.0b1 mac audio

Fred Dech fdech at uchicago.edu
Thu Jul 26 08:14:12 CDT 2007

On Thu, Jul 26, 2007 at 10:19AM, Piers O'Hanlon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> >i realize that the new RAT still only works in 8-KHz mode with mac
> >audio interface.   and i expected that from what certain people
> >were saying about this issue prior to the 3.1 release.  but what i was
> >hoping to get out of the new Sumover RAT was a resolution to the ~ 0.5
> >second
> >audio lag that i've always experienced on the intel macs.
> >i don't believe, however, that i've ever heard anyone else lament about
> >this.  is it just me, or do other intel mac users experience this feature?
> >if it's not just me, anyone know why this delay occurs?
> >
> Are you still hearing the lag with 3.1b1 release?
>
> The reason that I thought explained it in previous releases was that
> the rat was a PPC binary and hence suffered the lag of being run on
> Rossetta. However I fixed the bug that had previously rendered native
> Intel RAT audio useless - The fixed version was contained in the 3.1b1
> release - so the  new RAT runs native on OSX and I had hoped the
> latency issue would have gone away (I don't hear it on my system?)

hi Piers,

the fact that you do not hear a delay with the native intel build is
promising.  also, thanks for the Rosetta ppc explanation that elucidates
what has been a mystery to me for some time.
i'm going to take a closer look at my system, probably do a more thorough
uninstall and test some more with a clean install of 3.1b1.

thanks.

-fred