[AG-TECH] ag3 install/starting problems

Paul Mercer mercer at arsc.edu
Wed Jan 24 14:06:33 CST 2007

All
I'm having a problem installing ag3 on a win xp box at a local high
school.  The installation seems to go ok, installing all required
packages but when I try and start the venue client nothing happens.
Looking at the task manager-->processes  I see that pythonw.exe
starts for a few seconds but then stops.  Logs are empty. I have seen
this problem before but I installed using a non-admin account.  This
time I was logged in as an admin.
firewall is off
I have uninstalled and downloaded packages again and reinstalled to
no avail.

Has anyone else see this problem or knows what is going on?

thank  you

Paul Mercer
Arctic Region Supercomputing Center
907 450 8649