[AG-TECH] Audio/RAT sound not (quite) working

Sam Gundry sgundry at vpac.org
Tue Jan 9 23:37:48 CST 2007

Hi,

Audio is not quite working. (Video is working fine, yay!)

That is, when I enter a room, RAT is launched fine. Also, if there is
someone talking in the venue, my listening slider moves up and down, but
no sound is output. I have tested my audio independent of AG and it is
working correctly.

I think the problem is in Options -> category Audio -> Audio Device. The
only option is "No Audio Device".

Apparently, from the RAT manual, "No Audio Device" appears only when
another process is using the audio device. Although, after closing all
programs/process that might be using the audio device, I still haven't
had any success.

Has anyone experienced anything similar to this?
Are there any suggestions?

Also, I am using the Audio Reflector accessed from Venue on APAG's
Services Lobby. However, when I enter the room, the AudioReflector
doesn't appear - as suggested it should here:
http://www.accessgrid.org/node/354

Is the Audio Reflector room working properly? FYI, I am using AG 3 and
logging into the appropriate APAG Lobby (vv3.ap-accessgrid.org).

Thanks for any help,

Sam