[AG-TECH] Winnov 4400 under linux

Natalia Costas natalia at cesga.es
Fri Jan 5 08:38:38 CST 2007

The problem i had in windows is that at the third venue change.. the
device appears busy... and i have to restart the computer to get it to
work again. I havent been able to solve it so far (same problem under
Windows 2000 and WindowsXP) :|

Mike Daley escribió:

> We have tried to use this card under LINUX but as you say the device
> appears but the card does not work. Winnov do not support LINUX. There
> is one site with a driver but this does not work either with this card.
>
> We finally got winnov 4400 working properly under XP. I'll try and dig
> out the details.
> I believe it was info from one of the Australian guys and possible
> Cindy at Los Alamos that had a solution for windows.
> Hope this is helpful
> Mike
>

> Natalia Costas wrote:
>

>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> I am still having trouble with the winnov under Windows. As i think
>> it is 878 chip based i tried it under Linux, and the bttv module
>> loads, but it doesnt appear the /dev/video0 (neither 1,2, 3). So ..
>> it seems to me it doesnt work...
>>
>> Has anyone tried that before and got any conclusion? Any linux guru
>> willing to develop a driver for it??
>>
>> Thanx a lot in advance.
>> Kind regards,

Natalia Costas Lago
Técnico de Comunicaciones - Dpto. de Comunicaciones

Centro de Supercomputacion de Galicia (CESGA)
Avenida de Vigo, s/n (Campus Sur)
15705 Santiago de Compostela - SPAIN

E-mail: natalia at cesga.es
Tel: 	+34  981 56 98 10 (ext. 237)