[AG-TECH] Osprey 400 Video capture

Matthew Rendell matthew.rendell at flinders.edu.au
Thu Jan 4 15:41:09 CST 2007

We found this problem was caused by not having the camera image size set
in your video capture settings (usually can be set through VIDCAP in
WinXP or your camera software, can be found in the "system 32" folder I
believe) not being set to the correct CIF size.

NTSC CIF  (which is 30 frames/sec) has a field resolution of 352 x 240
PAL CIF , (which is 25 frames/sec) has a higher 352 x 288 resolution.

This is an issue we have here in Australia as usually most cams default
to NTSC

It just seems a bit backwards that if you are in NTSC that you would
have a grey border around your image, but try one of these video sizes..

Hope that helps ya out

Cheers
Matt Rendell

Usually we have found that this is

--

*Matt Rendell*
ICT Officer

/This email message is intended only for the addressee(s) and/

/contains information which may be confidential and/ or copyright./

/If you are not the intended recipient of this email please do not/

/read, save, forward, disclose or copy the contents of it and delete it/

/ and any copies or links to this email completely and immediately /

/from your system.///