[AG-TECH] Fading AG usage?

Derek Piper dcpiper at indiana.edu
Thu Jan 4 13:25:09 CST 2007

	Hi all,

	I've been part of the AG community for a while now, nearly 3 years and
over that time I've not seen a lot of growth in the number of sites that
we interface with for AccessGrid meetings. Quite oppositely I have seen
sites that were good AG participants fall into 'disrepair' through lack
of funding and site expertise.
	A bit of a devil's advocate question, but is AccessGrid usage
declining? Is AccessGrid on the way out? I've seen people turn to things
such as Polycom for meetings rather than have AccessGrid meetings.
	I'm curious to learn of other points of view on this.

	Derek

--
Derek Piper - dcpiper at indiana.edu - (812) 856 0111
IRI 323, School of Informatics