[AG-TECH] AccessGrid install Automation

Jason Bell j.bell at cqu.edu.au
Mon Jan 1 23:47:44 CST 2007

Chris

I haven't done this myself, but a couple of options come to mind.

Using the Anaconda "Kick-Start" script, you can configure the Linux
install/configure all of the standard packages, user accounts and so
forth.  I believe you may be able to also install the AG software using
this script, but I haven't tried so I cannot guarantee.

Then with some default .AccessGrid directories and files, you should be
able to have the bulk of the configuration.

Though there will always be some configurations that will have to be
modified manually, a few that quickly come to mind include:

*	Identity certificates;

*	AG Profile (Name, Email, Location, etc);

*	Tweaking of the audio, as it will be different from system
(sounds cards) and installation;

Anyway, I hope this provides you with some ideas.

Cheers,
Jason.