[AG-TECH] RAT on 64bit RedHat

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Tue Feb 13 22:53:44 CST 2007

Hi Ashley,

> $ file rat-4.2.22
> rat-4.2.22: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), for
> GNU/Linux 2.2.5, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), stripped
>
> Will I need a 64bit version to fix this issue? And if so is there a good
> place to get one (maybe FC5 or 6 rpms?)

The x86-64 FC5 AG3 yum repo comes with a 32bit rat. I just ran it now on
x86-64 FC5 and don't get the same symptoms. All of the 32bit rat RPMs were
built on 32bit Fedora and copied across.

The SRPMs for rat should be the same for FC3, 4 and 5. The FC6 version
includes ALSA support. Find them under:
  http://www.vislab.uq.edu.au/accessgrid3/fedora/

If you rebuild the AccessGrid-rat SRPM on x86-64 RHEL, it will apply a 64bit
patch and build a x86_64 RPM. I don't have a proper install of x86-64 FC3 as
it was too old to run on the hardware I have, I just chroot to a x86-64 FC3
partition that was copied across from elsewhere. Perhaps rebuilding rat on
RHEL might fix it.

I think I may have included a 64bit rat with FC6, but that was
unintentional.

Cheers,
Doug