[AG-TECH] DV/HDV content sharing with vic

Christoph Willing willing at vislab.uq.edu.au
Tue Feb 13 19:59:29 CST 2007

On 12/02/2007, at 10:36 AM, Christoph Willing wrote:

> On 12/02/2007, at 9:33 AM, gskpop wrote:
>
>> Christoph Willing wrote:
[snip]
>>> We have recently developed a new version of vic with DV and HDV
>>> capture & display capability. The Linux version is working well
>>> and the Windows port is just about to begin.
>> Can I get hold of the linux version to start playing with it? I am
>> installing some public "portals" on campus that will
>> be always on, persistent video/audio for "one on one" ad hoc
>> communication and want to use the best quality video I can. I may
>> have to start with DVTS but pending funding I'd like to move to
>> HDV and eventually to uncompressed HD.
>

> There are some binaries at:
> 	http://www.vislab.uq.edu.au/research/accessgrid/software/advideo/
> status.html
>

> The AG service wrappers there partially work. For proper operation,
> they depend on some AG toolkit changes which are expected for the
> AG3.1 release.
>

> The source code will be available in a day or so from an SVN
> repository we're setting up right now.

The SVN repository is now ready for public access to the source code
of our DV/HDV enabled vic.
The page:
	http://www.vislab.uq.edu.au/research/accessgrid/software/advideo/
status.html
has new details for the various types of downloads that are available.

It works with Linux only at this time - please download, test and
send comments.

We've started work on the Windows port.

A Mac port will be needed - any volunteers?

chris

Christoph Willing                       +61 7 3365 8350
QCIF Access Grid Manager
University of Queensland