[AG-TECH] TFT Display

Brian Corrie bcorrie at sfu.ca
Thu Feb 8 18:05:56 CST 2007

Hello,

We have several rooms with multiple 60" plasmas in them. They are nice
for all of the reasons you state. We have Smartboards on our plasmas so
they can be used as interaction devices directly, which changed the
dynamic of how they are used (in a good way in most cases). As you can
see from the two rooms (links to pictures below), we use them in quite
different ways in our environments. Both rooms are AG rooms. The second
room only has two displays, and therefore we run into the anticipated
screen real estate issues for large collaborations. It works quite well
for group to group collaborations between small numbers of sites. It
would be nice to have three plasmas in Room 10901, but then I think
slightly smaller plasmas would probably be in order (3 52" plasmas would
be good for a room in this configuration).

http://www.irmacs.sfu.ca/facilities/room_10900.php
http://www.irmacs.sfu.ca/facilities/room_10901.php

Cheers,

Brian