[AG-TECH] YUV411 (and 422) to RGB in VIC

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Wed Feb 7 01:07:49 CST 2007

Hi Sam,

> I was wondering if somebody knows the format of the YUV411 and YUV422 in
> VIC? I have tried to convert YUV411 from uYYvYY and YUV422 from uYvY to no
> avail. Are these the correct formats (and consequently, my conversion is
> all mucked up)?

In the old BTTV video capture API on linux, YUV420P planar was mislabelled
as YUV411. I think the vic source code just kept that naming convention.  I
beleive the YUV422 format is correct in vic, I'm more familiar with the
grabber code, in the renderer, I'm not sure if it is YUV 420 packed or
planar.

Cheers,
Doug