[AG-TECH] windows sound card woes

Derek Piper dcpiper at indiana.edu
Fri Feb 2 08:22:50 CST 2007

	Hi Gavin,

	I've had problems when ALSA is used and use OSS on my Linux-based AG
node (I know you said Windows, but I'm just relaying my experiences for
others). I've found it works much better and I don't have to go hunting
for one of the 100s of things under it that need to be muted so you
don't get echo and feedback, which may be similar to your 'echo on the
card' problem. I also have an SB Audigy.
	On Windows nodes I've been fine with the AC97 audio before, the same as
Paul mentioned. I also had RAT crash when I tried putting the same SB
Audigy in our Windows display machine.

	Derek

--
Derek Piper - dcpiper at indiana.edu - (812) 856 0111