[AG-TECH] AG on >10 displays

Nguyen, Doc Lap dnguy6 at lsuhsc.edu
Thu Aug 2 14:56:58 CDT 2007

They're all extended.   Doc

-----Original Message-----
From: Cindy Sievers [mailto:sievers at lanl.gov]
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2007 2:54 PM
To: Nguyen, Doc Lap; Brian Corrie
Cc: Douglas Kosovic; ag-tech at mcs.anl.gov
Subject: RE: [AG-TECH] AG on >10 displays

Doc,
Are you able to move video between the two screens?  Or do the 2 very
wide screens act independently of each other?  I'm wondering if they
behave as an extended desktop or if they are completely separate of one
another.....

Thanks for the info!

Cindy

At 11:45 AM 8/2/2007, Nguyen, Doc Lap wrote:
>Brian,
>
>    I got it to work using 2 analog TripleHead2Go's on one NVS 440 card

>in a Dell PE2950 Server with dual Intel Xeon Quad cores.  The graphics
>card just thinks there's 2 very wide screens in Windows or Mac.  I
>haven't seen any performance issues with it.  I didn't use all 4 of
>them yet since I didn't have 12 monitors.  I haven't tried it with 2
>NVS 440 cards yet because it only has one PCIe slot, but maybe one
>day...I'm curious how well it'll work..
>
>   Doc

Cindy Sievers           Los Alamos National Laboratory
sievers at lanl.gov        Group CCS-1 MS B287
tel:505.665.6602        Advanced Computing
fax:505.665.4939        Los Alamos, NM 87544