[AG-TECH] AG3.1 Bridge error

Ed Brannin edbrannin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 10:13:23 CDT 2007

On 7/31/07, Nathan Gardiner <nathan.gardiner at canterbury.ac.nz> wrote:
> I was hoping someone might be able to shed a little light on the problem
> that I'm facing setting up a AG3.1 Bridge Server. Below are details of the
> error I get when I attempt to start bridging.
>
> [aguser at ag3bridge ~]$ Bridge -p 20200 -u
> http://www.accessgrid.org/registry/peers.txt -n "NZ" -l
> "New Zealand"
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):

[snip]
>   File
> "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/AccessGrid3/AccessGrid/Registry/RegistryClient.py",
> line 75, in RegisterBridge
>
>     return self.serverProxy.RegisterBridge(registeredServerInfo)
>
> AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'RegisterBridge'

That class seems to initialize self.serverProxy to "None", then tries
to initialize it from _connectToRegistry() on line 42.  Does your log
include the line "No bridge registry peers reachable"?

Looks like it used to fail noisily, but now doesn't even show up as a
warning(???) in the logs.

What do you see when you run Python directly on
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/AccessGrid3/AccessGrid/Registry/RegistryClient.py
?

--
-Ed Brannin
edbrannin at gmail.com