[AG-TECH] ExtendedVideoProducer question

Nathan Gardiner nathan.gardiner at canterbury.ac.nz
Tue Apr 24 18:01:27 CDT 2007

Hi there,

Been looking into the ExtendedVideoConsumer and Producer for Access Grid
2.4 & 3.0.2. I am coming across a problem I am hoping is easy to fix.
Once I have setup a DV stream and transmitting it, when I receive the
stream it comes out all blocky. I have attached an image of my DV stream
with my hand in front of the camera . This is the case for both versions
made for AG2.4 and 3.0.2.

I downloaded the latest version of DVTS and connected via multicast
using DVTS interface and everything worked fine. I tried two different
setups, one with our DV camcorder plugged directly into the WinXP
computer, and the other setup of having a DV bridge and plugging the
camcorder in via composite to the DV bridge and then firewire from the
bridge to the PC.

Could it be that this is due to a PAL issue? Or could it be due to a
bug/previous version in DVTS when the ExtendedVideo was compiled?

Has anyone else come across this issue? It would be great to get this
resolved so we can use DV over Access Grid.

Kind regards,

-
Nathan Gardiner
Human Interface Technology Lab NZ (HIT Lab NZ <http://www.hitlabnz.org/>
)
Room 110, Old Maths Building, University of Canterbury
<http://www.canterbury.ac.nz/>
DDI: +64 3 364 3072, Cell: +64 21 163 2956