[AG-TECH] Problem with VenueClient

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Thu Apr 19 08:53:09 CDT 2007

Hi Eddy,

> I'm working in Fedora core 6. I updated all applications and kernel, now when
> I start the venue client an error appears.
>
> [eddy at ginebra ~]$ VenueClient
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/VenueClient", line 22, in ?
>     from wxPython.wx import wxPySimpleApp, wxTaskBarIcon, wxICON_ERROR
> ImportError: cannot import name wxTaskBarIcon
>
> I have installed wxPython-2.6.3.2-2.fc6 and python-2.4.4-1.fc6 versions.
> can you help me?.

I can think of two things that might cause the above error:

Do you have compat-wxPythonGTK2-2.4.2.4 installed? If so issue:
  rpm -e compat-wxPythonGTK2
Having wxPython 2.4 installed at the same time as wxPython 2.6 seems to
break wxPython 2.6.

Try issuing the following:
  yum list "wx*"
if you are running x86-64 FC6 and see that the installed wx RPMs are
i386 RPMs, that would cause the problem.

Cheers,
Doug