[AG-TECH] query re: delay

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Fri Sep 29 19:11:47 CDT 2006

I've been working on a PIG in Brooklyn, New York, through DSL, connected
through Argonne to an AG at West Virginia University, Morgantown. We're
using 2.4. My question - the sound delays approximately 7.5 seconds (the
video is about .5 which is understandable). What could cause such a large
delay? I don't think it's congestion; we tried the Lobby as well as the
Test Room; the results were the same. One reason I'm curious - I work at
times in sound and it would help to understand the mechanism here.

Thanks, Alan, sondheim at panix.com

blog at http://nikuko.blogspot.com - for URLs, DVDs, CDs, books/etc. see
http://www.asondheim.org/advert.txt - contact sondheim at panix.com, -
general directory of work: http://www.asondheim.org