[AG-TECH] AG 2.4 and 3.0 servers

Andrew A Rowley Andrew.Rowley at manchester.ac.uk
Wed Sep 27 03:18:02 CDT 2006

Hi,

The config for bridge3.py is all on the command line e.g.:
Bridge -p <listenport> -r <udpStart> <udpEnd> -n <name> -l <location> -u http://www.accessgrid.org/registry/peers.txt

where <listenport> is the tcp port your bridge listens to requests on, <udpStart> to <udpEnd> is the port range that will be used by the bridge, <name> is the name of your bridge that will appear in the list and <location> is where your bridge is (displayed in the preferences).  The "-u" option allows you to specify the registry.  This is best left as above for now.

I think the client will choose the bridge with the smallest ping time by default, so it should choose your own one, but you can make it by selecting yours from the list instead of selecting "Unicast".

Andrew :)

Access Grid Support Centre,
RSS Group,
Manchester Computing,