[AG-TECH] SC'06 Global Satellite/Desktop Site Registration Open

John I Quebedeaux Jr johnq at lsu.edu
Wed Sep 20 10:32:10 CDT 2006

I beg everyone's indulgence - I've been getting one main question I
felt i should send out to everyone about this:

* What's the difference between a SC'06 Global Satellite site and
SC'06 Desktop Site?

Satellite sites are remote sites who will participate via Access Grid
in the SC Global Showcase ONLY. The schedule (filter by SC Global
Showcase) is on the SC'06 website http://sc06.supercomputing.org/
schedule/. There is NO CHARGE for this but participants MUST register
and go through a testing certification to be approved (see the links
in the copy below).

Desktop Sites are individual and room nodes that receive the Keynote,
Masterworks Sessions, Exhibitor Forums, Plenary Sessions, Poster
Sessions, AND SC Global Show Case for a fee. Fees are Student $15,
Member $60, Non-Member $75, and Room Nodes $795. Included there will
be access to a 12 hour time delayed broadcast for more convenient
viewing for some sites of SC'06 *content and SC Global program.

Any more questions, send directly to me - Thanks, John Q.