[AG-TECH] Re: AGVCR problem

Derek Piper dcpiper at indiana.edu
Thu Sep 7 07:53:41 CDT 2006

	Any old GTK runtime would be listed in the 'Add/Remove Programs'
dialog of Windows.
	I really don't think that any of it is related to VIC and RAT not
working since they don't even use GTK.
	To clear some things up about the installer. It's not doing anything
'weird' behind the scenes, it's just copying the program files, the
standalone runtime (the same as the contents of the .zip file that
people have been using for ages, e.g. GTK and VIC and RAT). It does NOT
alter the PATH of the system, but instead makes an AGVCR_PATH
environment variable that the batch file to run AGVCR looks at to see if
the DLLs are there. IF the GTK DLLs are installed on the system
'globally', then the bundled runtime is not used.
	If it sounds defensive, I guess I'm just concerned that people are
going to blame the AGVCR installer for messing up their machine when it
didn't.
	Now, as to your problem, I can only assume that Windows is just being
difficult. :/

	Derek