[AG-TECH] Please remove AG3 bridge at se88.ssees.ac.uk

Andrew A Rowley Andrew.Rowley at manchester.ac.uk
Mon Oct 30 04:26:57 CST 2006

Hi,

I think there was a bug-fix for this that allowed the calls to timeout.  I believe this is in the ANL CVS, so this is not released yet, but if you are having problems, it may be worth doing the update.  The files are at:
http://fl-cvs.mcs.anl.gov/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/AccessGrid/AccessGrid/Registry/RegistryClient.py?view=log

If you right-click and "save as..." on the "download" link next to revision 1.26 (or 1.27 if you want the most up-to-date).  This file will replace, on Windows, "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\AccessGrid3\AccessGrid\Registry\RegistryClient.py", or on Linux, "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/AccessGrid/Registry/RegistryClient.py".

I have been using this on Windows for a while now, and it appears stable.  I tried it just now and it took about 5 seconds to load the bridges, which is not bad.  I have no experience of doing the same thing on Linux - Linux users should be aware that the CVS is for the ANL release, which is usually Windows and Mac.

Andrew :)

Access Grid Support Centre,
RSS Group,
Manchester Computing,