[AG-TECH] ClearOne Converge 560/590 opinions

Mike Weaver weaver at er.doe.gov
Thu Oct 26 09:30:44 CDT 2006

Greetings all,

All the recent talk of echo-cancellation devices, coupled with the recent
failure of our XAP800, led me to explore my options.  Using the
accessgrid.org hardware reference, I started looking at the ClearOne
Converge series of conferencing systems.

We're going to repair our XAP for now, but looking to the future it seems
like there are a lot of great features in the Converge series - network/USB
connections, built-in telephone hybrid, VISCA for camera control, etc...

If anyone is actively using these devices for AG, we'd be anxious to hear
about your experiences.  I assume That LSU has some experience as the
hardware entry was made by John I. Quebedeaux, Jr.  Are you still using it?
Have you got VISCA-stuff working?  Is the wired/wireless remote useful?  The
RAV software seems more intuitive than G-Ware, is it?  Any other comments or
'gotchas'?

Any information is appreciated!

Mike

--