[AG-TECH] AG single node hardware

Jason Bell j.bell at cqu.edu.au
Wed Oct 4 17:29:18 CDT 2006

Patrick

I have a number of single node Access Grid configurations.

See:

http://hpc.cqu.edu.au/accessgrid.html#PIGLET
http://hpc.cqu.edu.au/accessgrid.html#MACK
http://hpc.cqu.edu.au/accessgrid.html#BUND

for more info.

Personally, depending on what you trying and achieve and the
functionally will determine the type of hardware required...  But, I
find that most desktop computers can handle most of the AG situations,
the only additional things you need to worry about, is possibly changing
the display card and adding capture card/s.

The time when you will need a lot of processing power, is when using the
high end codex, such as H264 and the likes.

That's my 2 cents worth anyway.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Jason.