[AG-TECH] Running shared apps / AGVCR_Launcher on OS X

Derek Piper dcpiper at indiana.edu
Mon Oct 2 09:32:16 CDT 2006

	Hi,

	I've been having a go at testing AGVCR and AGVCR_Launcher on Mac OS X.
I've noticed, to my dismay, that AGVCR_Launcher doesn't even run from
the 2.4 Venue Client on OS X. I guess my legions (!) of OS X testers
hadn't gotten that far yet ;)
	Anyway.. an odd problem, it says 'This program needs access to the
screen. Please run with 'pythonw', not 'python', and only when you are
logged in on the main display of your Mac'. I'm running the VenueClient
from a terminal (used pythonw to launch) so I can see the debug output,
but I also get nowhere when I try and run it by launching the AGTk .app,
then the Venue Client and then the shared app. I can run the 'Shared
Question Tool' but not 'AGVCR_Launcher'. Looking at the python files
they are about identical on the top part and call the same
'WXGUIApplication()' so I'm a bit confused. Any hints/ideas anyone?
	I'm not sure how people have been running AGVCR or the launcher, if
indeed they have been able to do so. For the Mac users, I do now have a
Mac 'bundle' of AGVCR working, at the moment it's just PowerPC but I
plan to release it this week. I was finally able to free enough disk
space on the root drive to install AG 2.4 so I thought I'd try making
some changes in AGVCR_Launcher to run it from the bundle.

	Derek

--
Derek Piper - dcpiper at indiana.edu - (812) 856 0111
IRI 323, School of Informatics