[AG-TECH] DV in Argonne Lobby
Thomas D. Uram
turam at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Nov 20 15:57:00 CST 2006
If you are not interested in higher quality video in the Access Grid,
not read further. ;-)
Using the ExtendedVideo services made available by Sangwoo Han from GIST
I am currently streaming DV to the Argonne Lobby. If you are using AG3, you
can view the DV video by installing the ExtendedVideoConsumerService
following Sangwoo's instructions:
Upon entering the Venue, an ExtendedVideoConsumerService window will be
displayed, with information about the stream that I am sending. If you
that entry, a DVTS window will be displayed. I will keep this stream up
on a best-effort
basis; no guarantees.
A couple noteworthy points:
- the bandwidth required to view this stream is 30Mbps.
- the video is arbitrarily scalable; try maximizing the video stream
- the services currently apply only to Windows. DVTS works on Linux and OSX
also, so getting the AG integration code to work on these platforms is
a small amount of work in Python.
- information about DVTS is available here: http://www.sfc.wide.ad.jp/DVTS
- when it's dark in Chicago, you might not get much of a show
More information about the ag-tech