[AG-TECH] DV in Argonne Lobby

Thomas D. Uram turam at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Nov 20 15:57:00 CST 2006

If you are not interested in higher quality video in the Access Grid,
you need
not read further.  ;-)

Using the ExtendedVideo services made available by Sangwoo Han from GIST
(http://www.mcs.anl.gov/web-mail-archive/lists/ag-tech/2006/10/msg00072.html),
I am currently streaming DV to the Argonne Lobby.  If you are using AG3, you
can view the DV video by installing the ExtendedVideoConsumerService
following Sangwoo's instructions:

http://netmedia.gist.ac.kr/agdv/download.html

Upon entering the Venue, an ExtendedVideoConsumerService window will be
displayed, with information about the stream that I am sending.  If you
double-click
that entry, a DVTS window will be displayed.  I will keep this stream up
on a best-effort
basis; no guarantees.

A couple noteworthy points:

- the bandwidth required to view this stream is 30Mbps.

- the video is arbitrarily scalable; try maximizing the video stream

- the services currently apply only to Windows.  DVTS works on Linux and OSX
also, so getting the AG integration code to work on these platforms is
likely only
a small amount of work in Python.

- information about DVTS is available here:  http://www.sfc.wide.ad.jp/DVTS

- when it's dark in Chicago, you might not get much of a show