[AG-TECH] Video consumer dropping video windows

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Wed Nov 15 15:05:05 CST 2006

Hi Jim,

> I have noticed this as well with the old AG2.4 install, but it is much
> worse with this new version... granted not only is the AG software new,
> but so is FC6.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this?

On FC6 try '/sbin/ifconfig eth0' and see if there are any TX packets
errors. On WinXP I'm not sure how you would see if there are any RX
packet errors for it's ethernet card.

On FC6 try 'netstat -u' and you should see the UDP stream info. On WinXP
I not sure if it's also -u (or /u) to see the UDP info, check with
'netstat /help'. On the WinXP side, it might have some useful status
info on the receiving UDP packets.

tcpdump could also be used for diagnostics.

It could be a problem with the switch, you could try power cycling it.

Doug