[AG-TECH] linux-uvc

Jean Utke utke at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Nov 15 10:56:43 CST 2006

Doug,

Thanks for your reply. I got the latest (I think) release
vic-2.8ucl1.2.0.glibc2.4
And it starts ok and displays other peoples video (when run under the
AG3 client) but  my camera still doesn't seem to be recognized.
Or better I don't know how to configure the camera, as a video producer
the only thing selectable is "x11".
Tom Uram told me to try it on the command line which I did:

/usr/bin> vic 224.2.2.2/20000
Failed to get raw1394 handle - No 1394 devices
ioctl VIDIOCGCHAN: Invalid argument
Attached to V4l device: V4L1:USB Video Class device
ioctl VIDIOC_S_INPUT: Invalid argument
Attached to V4l2 device: V4L2:USB Video Class device

and it comes up ok but doesn't show my video and when I check "transmit"
in the menu it segvs.
luvcview  works fine and captures video.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jean

--