[AG-TECH] Slow venue responce?

Brian Tieman tieman at aps.anl.gov
Fri May 26 11:05:17 CDT 2006

Tom,

It does not recover--at least not before we lose our patience and kill it.

I have a couple of suspicions about what might be causeing it, but there
are just that--suspicions.

One suspicion is that it occurs more frequently if the proxy certificate
expires--something that happens frequently to me as I tend to just stay
logged in even if I'm not at my desk.

Another suspicion is that it's somehow tied to the bridgeserver--even if
no one is unicasting.

A third suspicion is if something happens to the active log file for the
venue server (such as I rename or delete it--let's not ask why I would
do such a thing!) it has problems.

I'm currently trying to put a few of these suspicions to the test to see
what, if anything, usefull gets put into the log files.

Brian