[AG-TECH] AG3: two questions about Bridging/Unicast

Fabrizio.Berdondini at prototipo.it Fabrizio.Berdondini at prototipo.it
Wed May 24 09:42:10 CDT 2006

Thank you for your advices. I tried to launch the Bridge3.py following
your command line syntax, the problem I got was that it told me it could
not find the QuickBridge.exe. Should I install it from the 2.4 package? By
the way, just another question: is there some particular syntax for the
path of the QuickBridge.exe in the bridge cfg file under windows? I tried
both with "/" and "\" (c:\program files\ etc. etc. or c:/program files/
etc. etc.)  and it seems not working... while it works fine under Linux
SUSE.
Here you'll fine attached the VenueClient.log file.
Thank you for your help,
Faber B.

owner-ag-tech at mcs.anl.gov scritti il 23/05/2006 16.26.35

> Sorry, I forgot to include something:
>
> You need to do this instead:
>
> cd c:\program files\agtk-3\bin
> runag3.py Bridge3.py --name NAME --location LOCATION
>
> Let us know if you run into problems with that.
>
> As to the logfile, I would need the VenueClient.log file,
> which you'll find in C:\Documents and Settings\<you>\Application
> Data\AccessGrid3\Logs
> (or similar in your Italian version of Windows).
>
> Tom
>

> Fabrizio.Berdondini at prototipo.it wrote:
> >
> > When trying to launch
> >
> > Bridge3.py --name (name) --location (location)
> >
> > I get the following error
> >
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File "C:\Programmi\AGTk-3\bin\Bridge3.py", line 15,
> >     from AccessGrid.Registry.RegistryClient import Re
> > ImportError: No module named Registry.RegistryClient
> >
> > For what concerns the second question, which logs should you need in
> > order to be able to understand the abnormal behaviour of my AG3
client?
> > I'll clean them up then do some try and then i'll post them to you.
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Faber B.
> >

> > owner-ag-tech at mcs.anl.gov scritti il 22/05/2006 20.15.29

> > "RegistryClient"?
> > > You can run a bridge like so:
> > >
> > > Bridge.py --name NAME --location LOCATION
> > >
> > > There are some other options, too, which you can see by running
> > > 'Bridge.py -h'.  Of particular note is the
> > > bridge port range, which you'll have to ensure is open for clients
> > to be
> > > able to use it.

> > > A bridge must appear in the list of bridges for a unicast connection
> > > work.  If you see 'No bridges available', you can
> > > send your logfile to me so I can understand what is going wrong.

anyway...