[AG-TECH] proxies, firewalls, and searching mailing lists

Thomas D. Uram turam at mcs.anl.gov
Wed May 24 09:37:33 CDT 2006

Daniel McBrearty wrote:
> Hi
>
> Just been looking at AG as a possible toolkit to use for an app we are
> working on.
>
> We just worked through the install instructions for winxp (
> http://www.accessgrid.org/?q=node/17
> <http://www.accessgrid.org/?q=node/17> ), no problem.
>
> Unfortunately we are stuck behind a proxy that needs authentication.
> Found out how to config the proxy; but there seems to be noway to set
> up auth ... am I right?
Do you mean that you have to provide a password to the proxy server?  If
so, there is no way to do that currently.

We've never had a user raise this issue.  Are there others on the list
with a similar problem?

> (I'd have searched for these questions in the lists, but there seems
> to be no simple way to actually do that ... ?)

You can search the mailing lists using the form at the bottom of the
Mailing Lists page on AccessGrid.org: