[AG-TECH] AG2.4: BridgeServer under SUSE 10

Fabrizio.Berdondini at prototipo.it Fabrizio.Berdondini at prototipo.it
Tue May 23 03:49:44 CDT 2006

Thanks to Tom advices I finally had the VenueServer correctly running
under a SUSE 10.0 machine. However we still have some problem in
configuring the Unicast Bridge.
When starting the QuickBridge executable, after the max_unicast and the
hostname messages, we get the following error:
"gethostbyname: failure! No such file or directory"
In fact, looking at the SUSE 10 documentation, I found out that the
gethostbyname() function has been replaced by the gethostbyname2() one,
that, unfortunately, has different command line parameters and behaviours.
How would it be possible to obtain an "old" gethostbyname() funct or even
modify the source files of QuickBridge to get it work?
Thank you,
Faber B.