[AG-TECH] Information needed

gurcharan khanna gurcharan.s.khanna at dartmouth.edu
Tue May 9 23:41:43 CDT 2006

Michael,

sorry for the delayed response, but i was running windows server 2003
on a dual processor single core opteron box (Sun Ultra40). it seemed
to run ok but i didn't try any capture boards with it, just USB cams.

however, something changed and things broke. i don't know why, but
i started getting the error: vic.exe wants to end the Runtime in an
unusual way. and vic wouldn't display incoming streams. also, i'm told
that there may be driver issues if i try to use the 64 bit version with
the nvidia networking, etc. components that come with the Sun configuration.

i wanted to run the server version for the same reasons you mention, so
i'd be interested in anyone else's comments you get on this topic.

i'm installing linux on this box right now but have two more just like it
so i want to settle on a single installation if possible for all three.

fyi,

-gurcharan

--
---